Make a DonationTo keep our doors open, we depend on the love and generosity of our community. Your tax deductible donation will enable the Nursery to continue serving Yolo County children and helps in more ways that you may think. In addition to preventing abuse and suffering, the Yolo Crisis Nursery averts the need for the more expensive and long-term services such as child welfare services, law enforcement, and the criminal justice systems.
Other Ways to Support the Nursery
- Send a check to our mailing address: 1477 Drew Ave. Suite 103, Davis CA 95618.
- Sponsor or attend our annual crab feed, usually held in mid-March. Ticket sales and sponsorship opportunities are announced in January.
- If you are a Nugget Market or Food 4 Less shopper, use a scrip card. Just show it at check-out: At no cost to you, the Nursery will get a cash payment equal to a percentage of your purchases. Scrip cards are available at Fleet Feet Davis and by emailing email@example.com.
- Consider making a planned gift. A planned gift is a contribution that is arranged in the present and allocated at a future date. Commonly donated through a will or trust, planned gifts are most often granted once the donor has passed away. To learn more, please email Cam Stoufer, director of development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join the Friends of the Yolo Crisis Nursery and help organize fundraisers for the Nursery. Call the Nursery at 530-758-8860 for more information.
- If you are an Amazon shopper, the giant retailer will now donate 0.5 percent of the price of your eligible purchases to the Yolo Crisis Nursery. Just start every online shopping trip at smile.amazon.com. On your first visit, you can link your existing Amazon account to the Amazon Smile program, then select the nursery as your nonprofit of choice. You can also sign up by going directly to the nursery’s Amazon participation page at https://smile.amazon.com/ch/47-1006055.
Our Wish List
Our community has always generously donated baby items to the Nursery. What tops our wish list? Diapers and more diapers. When our Nursery is full of children, we can use up to 100 a day. Many groups organize diaper drives throughout the course of the year, and we’re grateful for every one.
We have ongoing needs for all things baby-related. What we don’t use in the Nursery itself, we hand out in Care Packages for families in need. Parents are especially appreciative of Target gift cards, which offer great flexibility.
We also take donations of new and gently used baby equipment and clothes. Again, what we don’t use ourselves we pass on to families in need. A couple exceptions: We cannot accept car seats, and we haven’t the storage space for furniture donations.
If you are able to help provide supplies on our wish list, contact Heather Sleuter at the Nursery, 530-758-6680 to arrange drop-off of your gift.
- Diapers and wipes
- Target gift cards, particularly $25 cards
- Infant and toddler clothing, new or gently used — we especially need summer clothing (sizes 2T and up) at present.
- Baby bottles, nipples and sipper cups
- New and gently used toys for newborns to 5-year-olds
- Baby receiving blankets, washcloths
- Baby shampoo and body wash
- Laundry detergent, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher soap
- Paper towels, tissues, toilet paper
From time to time, we hear from individuals and groups who want to hold a fundraising event in support of the Nursery.
Wonderful! We encourage third-party fundraising events, but we must approve all events (except diaper drives) in advance. To gain approval, please contact Cam Stoufer, director of development, at email@example.com.
Currently, we are developing a policy and set of guidelines on third-party fundraising events. We will post it here, but meanwhile, here are some key points:
Third-party fundraiser must be self-sustaining, without contribution from or financial risk to Yolo Crisis Nursery. We will only accept the net proceeds of a third-party fundraiser. Event expenses are the responsibility of the third-party fundraiser and must be paid in full before net proceeds are turned over to us. Refunds or reimbursements will not be available after we have received the net proceeds.
Third-party fundraisers are responsible for their own marketing, including writing and distributing news releases, social media posts, invitations, advertising, etc. The third-party fundraiser must submit all publicity and promotional material containing Yolo Crisis Nursery’s name and/or logo to Karen Adams, interim communications coordinator, for review and approve prior to publication or distribution. Email Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org.